Text and Strokes Tutorial
Back again with this new tutorial. In this, I will try to play around with various elements of Illustrator. I will use elements like the text tool, then create outlines, and use the outline path option.
1. Create a new illustrator document.
2. Use the text-tool and choose a font too. Write anything you want, I used my name.
3. Make a copy of the text and with that copy, right click and choose create outlines.
4. Ungroup the outlined text and move them close together and use pathfinder to combine these “shapes”.
5. Now choose a stroke for your combined shapes and then go to Objectin depth with the outline stroke option in the next tutorial.
6. Now choose another stroke and you’ll get a fairly cool effect.