Cork Board Texture Tutorial
This tutorial will guide you on creating a cork board texture using the Effect Gallery.
What You’ll Be Making:
- Effect Gallery
1. Create a rectangle/square as big as you want it to be. Change the color to a light brown or RGB: 177, 141, 90 or #B18D5A.
2. A. Select the rectangle then go to Effect>Texture>Texurizer.
B. A window should pop up. For Scaling, enter a value of 170. For the Belief, enter a value of 5. Finally, change the light to Top. Then click OK.
C. It should look like this. See picture below.
3. A. Make sure your object is still selected then go to Effect>Pixelate>Crystallize.
B. A window should pop up. Enter a value of 10 for the Cell Size. Then click OK.
C. It should look like what you see below.
4. A. Make sure your object is still selected then go to Effect>Texture>Craquelure.
B. A window should pop up. Enter 60 for Crack Spacing. Enter 2 for the Crack Depth. Enter 8 for the Crack Brightness. Then click OK.
6. It should finally look this afterwards. Granted I used altered methods for my poster, this one is still usable for your artistic needs and you’re free to alter values if needed.
I hoped you enjoyed this tutorial and learned something new.
Posted on June 7, 2011, in Challenges, Effects, Experiment, Illustrations, Layouts, Projects, Realistic, Texture, Tips, Tutorials and tagged Board, Cork, Craquelure, Crystallize, Texturerizer. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.