Category Archives: Fonts
Today’s tutorial is showing and guiding you and how to make a cool light/shadow effect. Simply follow these steps to produce something on the line’s of what you basically see at the end.
REQUIREMENTS: Adobe Illustrator CS3/CS4 Slight Knowledge of Illustrator
Font VAL(just in case you want to use it-download via BOX-credits to Font Fabric for the free font)
- Use the text tool to create a simple text and name it anything (mine will be “Earth Day”).
- Select the text and create outlines. Add a special a gradient onto it if you want or know how.
- Copy and paste in front (Cmd+C then Cmd+F/Ctrl+C then Ctrl+F) the same text so you have two of them.
- Hold Option or Alt and drag the text diagonally across.
- Use the Blend Tool from the tool menu to blend the two text that are far apart.
- Double click the Blend Tool so a menu comes up, then select steps and make the steps about 25 or 50(computer works harder but it looks better).
- Make the bottom part of blend have an opacity of zero so you can see light/shadow effect. NOTE: You must double click the bottom part so you isolate it and it will only affect that bottom part.
- Select the top part now and make its gradient (if you added one) a little darker by adjusting it from the color menu on the right side.
- OPTIONAL: Add a Gaussian Blur to it if you want (10 should do it). Also make the whole blend have an opacity of about 50. These help to make it have a better look.
- Lock the blend and “copy drag” the first text(behind the blend) up a little bit, then adjusts its colors so its light to have a highlight effect.
- Add a nice gradient background to have a finished masterpiece.