Category Archives: Outline Stroke
Working in Mac Lab Saturday School and today is way longer than before since the video team was shooting something. I spent my time fixing up my math poster. I would say it’s almost ready for printing. I pen-tooled everything except the wrinkled paper texture, of course. I added a bunch of textures to the pencil as well as the eraser. I will present the finished piece to Mr. Anderson, hopefully, on Monday.
4/10/10: Mac Lab Saturday School again. I’m hoping to finish the Mac Lab Book cover. I plant to use the MLM Logo to make into 3D and that will be put on to the Mac Lab Book cover. I will need to watch some tutorials first for the 3d mini-project. I plant to also finish writing a chapter before Monday. You probably that the Mac Lab has an iPad and that we won’t use it till we get WiFi on it. Maybe after that, I’ll plant to finish my “Big Illustration”.
4/9/10: Working on the Mac Lab Book cover that we will all soon be featured when every students writes his or her chapter.
4/8/10: This may seen like the last one but I assure you that’s its slightly different and you can use this trick to create infinite amount of stokes!
Requirements: Adobe Illustrator CS3-CS4 Slight Knowledge of Illustrator Good Fonts to Use
NOTE: The steps that are written and not the same steps I used to make the final image.
STEPS: 1. Create a new Illustrator document (any size) and use the text tool to write anything you want (wrote Fadi again).
2. Create outlines of the text(right click<create outlines), copy and paste in front(Command+F), then lock it(the font one).
3. Make the back text have a stroke of about 40 with any color you want(a nice orange for me).
4. Go to Object>Unlock All and now ungroup each text(front and back) and then kern them very close.
5. Lock the front part again and then select the back text then go to Object>Path>Outline Stroke.
6. Set the new stroke to about 7 with any color you want(I chose black).
7. Now you’ll have something similar to ones you see on TV with multiple strokes and such.