A short and simple way to make shadows like this as shown below.
What You’ll Be Making:
- Clipping Masks
- Gaussian Blur
1. First create an ellipse that is very thin and long. Make it black.
2. Make sure that this object is selected and go to Effect>Blur>Gaussian Blur.
3. A window should pop up. Enter 20 pixels for the Radius and click OK.
4. It should look this. Now we will stray away from this for a second.
5. Draw a rectangle over half of this shadow. Make sure goes farther than the edge of the show.
6. Make sure both the shadow and rectangle are selected. Also make sure that the rectangle is on top. Right-click and choose Make Clipping Mask.
7. Double-click the clipping mask to edit its insides. Scale the shadow down if needed but it is not recommended to scale it up.
8. It should look like this. Adjust the opacity if needed.
I hoped you enjoyed this tutorial and learned something new.